My life has just been crazy busy, while being busy is a good thing it's also a stressful thing, especially with the holidays.
We're finally all moved into our new cupboard...oops I mean house.
It is a little, okay, it's a LOT smaller but I'm thankful. I am so thankful that we have a roof over our head and that our entire family, including those cute wittle animals, are healthy and safe and let's not forget: it's Christmas soon!
I am so excited!
I usually wait until last minute to buy gifts but this year I thought what the heck and just went crazy. By crazy I mean I bargain hunted my booty off. Now, I'm bummed that I have to wait until Christmas to give them to everyone.
If I'm being realistic with myself, Christmas isn't about presents, or good food, or in my family's case playing bingo on xmas eve while enjoying some spiked egg nog. Nope. It's about giving thanks to Jesus Christ and being happy for his birth and life lived. A lot of us look past that major detail during this time of the year and I think it's really important not to. I know I'm getting all religious but I think it's important to be thankful for all we've been blessed with.
I get so excited just to hang out with my family and be cheerful while listening to christmas carols.
These past few years have really taught me to appreciate life, not the materialistic things that come with that life. It's like the saying: "The best things in life aren't things." so dang true.
The more I think about Christmas the more excited I get.
Which in turn makes me soo happy.
Merry almost christmas you all!!
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment