Tuesday, November 8

No Facebook November

Yes. I am giving up on facebook.
Lately it just seems as though it has brought high school back into the picture.
Not that I didn't love high school but all of the drama that came along with it?
No thank you.

As I progress through my life I notice that life really is one big rollar coaster. I can be at such a high at one point and the next I'm scrambling to pick myself up.
But maybe that's a good thing? I mean if we didn't experience such lows then how would we appreciate all of the great highs?
If we're being honest, my life is increasingly getting tougher and I am constantly going through so many trials but even with all of this happening I find myself being so thankful.
I have a family that loves me. I still have a roof over my head. I still have food to munch on. I have great friends, a boyfriend that makes me so happy, a wonderful career and the power of God to guide me through it all.
I think that this is part of growing up and learning what it is that matters in life.
Not a new car, not buying the latest Mac, or getting the newest fall boots. Even though all of those sound wonderful... it's about appreciating the meaningful things that you are blessed with.

I think the reason why I decided to ditch out on Facebook this month is because I want to enjoy the beauty around me. The smell of Fall. Yes, Arizona finally is cold and fresh. I can enjoy the real laughter being expressed around me rather than reading an "lol". I can get back into my passion of drawing and reading. And above all of that I can tune out the negative chatter that goes on daily via facebook.
I'm so over hearing about how crappy someones day was for the 17th day in a row.
Or how lame school is. If you can be given the gift of education you are lucky. Many don't have that luxury.
I really feel that it's important to be positive and be thankful for all of the GOOD in your life, not frown because of the negative.

On that note, I'll stop my ranting :)
Go and enjoy your night.
I know I will- electronic free with a HB pencil in hand ;)
Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment